CANNA UK NATIONAL GIANT VEGETABLES CHAMPIONSHIP 2023
Size does matter in the Canna UK National Giant Vegetables Championship. A firm favourite each year, you won’t believe your eyes at the size of the fruit and vegetables on display.
Enter a world of monstrous legumes, larger than life fruits and hefty roots. Rivalry between the 110 competitors is always fierce with super-sized and often record breaking celery, leek, parsnip and cabbages.
Junior growers who have also caught the bug take part in classes for giant sunflower heads.
Visitors interested in finding more about how to grow sizable vegetables are advised to stop by CANNA and chat to their knowledgeable team, you will find them in the Giant Vegetables marquee.
Adjudicators and representatives from the Guinness World Records attend the championship each year and we see many world records broken for the heaviest or the longest vegetables.
In 2023, 8 Guinness World Records have been broken!
- Largest Runner Bean Leaf – 63.8×67.7cm – Peter Glazebrook
- Heaviest Runner Bean – 196g – Derek Hulme
- Tallest Tomatillo Plant – 3.529m – Kevin Fortey
- Longest Luffa – 1.296m – Joe Atherton
- Heaviest Bell Pepper– 0.75kg – Peter Glazebrook
- Heaviest Cucumber – 13.388kg – Vincent Sjodin
- Heaviest Broad Bean – 192g – James Brown
- Longest Broad Bean– 43.1cm – James Brown