Malvern Autumn Show Presents A Bucket List Of Family Fun
Malvern Autumn Show 2017, sponsored by Westons Cider Visitor Centre, promises to be a fun-filled family affair as the ultimate harvest festival returns to the Three Counties Showground this September 23rd & 24th. A spectacular showcase of the season, the show has compiled its very own ‘Bucket List of Family Fun’ so families can get involved before the show and plan their day.
Diana Walton, Head of Shows for the Three Counties, said: “The Malvern Autumn Show is a great day out for all the family so we wanted to pull together a practical guide of how parents can plan and make the most out of their day. The line up of things to see and do is better than ever and families can already get involved by taking part in the Discover Harvest Village Show, there are classes for all ages and prizes too, so perfect for parents looking to entertain their bored kids in the last few days of the school holidays!”
A BUCKET LIST OF MALVERN AUTUMN SHOW FAMILY FUN
- Listen to Treehouse Tales in our gorgeous (new for 2017) Treehouse Garden with renowned British Indian Storyteller Peter Chand on Saturday and Christine McMahon on Sunday. Peter is constantly in demand for his tales of wit and wisdom and Christine has an international reputation with her love of traditional folktales, particularly those with a link to her Northern roots.
- The Discover Harvest Village Show – The categories are completed in advance which is great news for parents looking to fill those last few days of the school summer holidays when boredom strikes! From photography classes for older children and finger painting for the little ones there is something creative for all ages and abilities. More info and entry forms can be downloaded from the website: www.malvernautumn.co.uk/compete
- Relax on the Nationwide Family Green – a laid-back area where families can sit, play and picnic all with the stunning backdrop of the Malvern Hills. Junk Fish make a welcome return with their wonderful range of 'make and take' activities, all carefully prepared using mostly recycled materials and they’ll have giant garden games, hula hoops and circus skills equipment. With kids fully occupied grown ups can unwind in this area too with a chill out bean bag space.
- Wonder at the CANNA UK Giant Vegetables Championship, which are sure to make a big impression on little visitors with a spectacle of mighty marrows, colossal carrots, beastly beetroot and much much more.
- Enjoy all the fun of the fair as the fairground comes to the Vintage Village with classic Old Tyme rides* dating from the 1900’s including a Carousel, Helter Skelter and Ferris Wheel.
- Find out about Forgotten Skills using traditional techniques, demonstrations in the Forgotten Skills Marquee that will teach children of trades of yesteryear with a time travelling glimpse into how things were done in the past.
- Watch the Activity Arena which will be alive with show stopping displays of duck herding, dog agility and much more.
- Ride on a donkey*, family fun for smaller children.
- Wonder at the World of Animals sponsored by Bredon School with all creatures great and small, including the BPA’s Young Pig of the Year, Gloucestershire Old Spots Champion of Champions and Saddleback Champion of Champions all taking place. Watch pig agility and see the winners of the poultry and rabbit shows. Little ones can get up close with furry friends including dog, goats, sheep, ponies and pigs.
- Be inspired by the pumpkin carver, wonder at his creations and be inspired to create masterpieces back home.
* there is an additional charge for this activity
The Malvern Autumn Show is also delighted to welcome the NCT to the show providing changing and feeding facilities.
The Malvern Autumn Show takes place on Saturday 23 September and Sunday 24 September. Tickets are now on sale and are cheaper in advance. Family tickets (2 adults, 3 children aged between 5 - 15 years) are priced at £37 when purchased in advance and £47 on the gate. Individual advanced tickets are priced at £16 for adults and £5 for children and on the gate at £20 for adults and £7 for children. Group and concession tickets are available.
For information, please visit www.malvernautumn.co.uk or call 01684 584924.